Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale


Today we dive into a smartly told tale of love, lust, betrayal, and a woman's best efforts to find meaning in her life. Either that, or our heroine's life can best be described as an erotic train wreck of massive proportions. Our book today hits all the right notes for high drama and erotic suspense with Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale. I'll have to admit this is a smartly named book, and likely pushed the boundaries for Amazon and other stores. Good. Without boundaries pushed, much of classic literature would not exist. Keep pushing, writers.

A train wreck? I hope that got your attention, because our heroine's life is so thoroughly messed up I loved it. Our authoress even started us out with a huge OMGWTF moment, which I hated her for as an editor, but absolutely loved her for as a reader. We start the book with our heroine, and she has already left her husband and child for another man (or other men, as it seems). Then, our authoress never tells us why. Well, not right away. We have to read on a little to find out why, and bam, I am instantly hooked. Yes, an editor who doesn't understand your work would likely tell you, "You need to explain that right away!" As a reader, I loved sitting there wondering what the heck was going on, how could she leave her family, and what sort of cold-hearted bitch this is.

We find out later, be patient, reader. Yes, it had me turning pages, and that's a good thing. She's not a cold-hearted bitch after all, and she has her reasons I shall not spoil. Her life is still a mess though, and I enjoyed being taken through it page after page. The book feels like that 'Chapter 1' and a couple others have been removed, and the whole book sings and has a great flow because of it. I like the in-media-res style, and here it is wonderfully done. Even the chapters where she meets the new hunk is gone, and we start with that, "I've done something terrible!" moment.

It's brave, wonderfully done, and it hooks me in and grabs my interest right from the start.

Switching gears, the cover is simply nice. A black cover, and a rose. Elegant, simple, and we don't need a thong. Nice text work as well. I like the 'good pussy bad pussy' theme too, and this is brought up in the book several times. There is a meaning in here where this certain part of her body controls her actions, for better or worse, and how this all works out in her life. For men, I suppose this might be better said as 'bad cock worse cock' but I digress. Fun and meaningful title, simple to the point cover, and what's not to love?

Text quality is good, and the book had that immediate storytelling style that I like so much. This is a full-length novel too, and it took me the better part of a day to finish. Despite the length, the book moved, didn't dwell on the unimportant parts, and captured the conflicts well. I liked the dialog too, it was smartly written. I noticed a couple dialog tags, and some repetition, as in the following:
A couple of days before we were scheduled to leave for New York, there was an unexpected phone call.

It was Albert.
A very minor point, but it would have felt better to get rid of the word unexpected, and just receive the call. Do the Albert reveal, and let the reader be surprised. Otherwise, the surprise is telegraphed. 'Unexpected' is a tell, and that is better left for the reader to experience.

Another small point, some of the big reveal and emotional keystones in this book are in very long paragraphs. If I saw a long paragraph coming up, I could almost tell something important or key was coming up, and it almost always fit that pattern. This is another minor point, and it's something we do subconsciously. There is one line in here that is a wonderful counter example, a simple one-liner that says "we made love" in a single sentence and the chapter ends. The big sex or emotional reveals don't always have to be written so heavily, and I found that one-liner to say much more than some of the massive and long reveals. At a minimum, some of them felt like they could have been broken up and paced out a little more, and given room to breathe.

Heat-level is good, there were some great examples of 'bad pussy' winning the fight, and her giving into her passions. There was a long section at the end where I wanted some more 'bad pussy', but I'm happy 'good pussy' won. I kept interested despite the lack of 'bad pussy' though, the story and characters hooked me in and kept me reading to the end. I won't reveal which pussy ultimately won though, you'll need to read the book for that.

Recommended. This is intelligent erotica with a woman dealing with the consequences of her choices. The start is fun, fast, and hooked me in. The characters were great, and also the details on the locations were very nicely done. There is some delicious background in here as well, with far-flung places across Europe and the world we visit. This isn't purely romance as well, this is exploring a woman's passions and choices, so this is a great story for the erotica genre. Another great book for the new year, and one you should check out.

Comments