The Day Turns

Have you ever felt a momentous shift in your life? A day when the Earth turns and you feel the momentum shift under your feet?

The ground under my feet rumbles, and begins to roll in a certain direction. I blink, startled at first, wondering what the hell is going on. I step once in the direction of movement to keep up. I have to take another step. And another. Pretty soon I am walking fast towards something I do not know.

A complete stranger walks up...and knows you. Their eyes light up. Yes I am me and you are speaking to one in the same. It feels strange because I have relegated myself to a life of complete obscurity, an odd historical footnote, a nobody and a nothing.

I was content leaving it at that.

Yet...I am known. I was brave enough to admit this fact in the first place, but yet, I am known. And I began writing here days before, as if somehow the fore-shocks of this moment would be felt ahead of time. That somehow I knew the big one was coming. That the rumbling was known in my soul and my fingers worked ahead of the event.

The event may still yet be coming. That moment with that someone may have just been another precursor. I feel...I feel I am not there yet.

The ground rumbles.

I walk faster.

The momentum of my words propels me forward. My feet move faster.

Things...events...odd happenstances...happen.

The world somehow is ready again.

A storm rises.

~Sylvia

Comments